Saturday, January 03, 2009

A Great Vintage Yellow Pages Ad

yellow-pages-checkers
As I scour the greatest tomes of common sense and handiness (pre-1966 Popular Mechanics), I look forward to finding these amazing ads from the good folks at the Yellow Pages. The beauty of these ads is that they each ran only once per publication. A bold and humane approach to advertising that provided readers with something fresh, and downright clever, every month. (Instead of the lazy, repetitious, Pavlovian, jackhammering of a single ad that we experience today.)

I'm open to discussion:

When, aside from maybe those equally great and varied "Don't kill yourself, get a subscription!" Mad magazine ads, have you actually been routinely surprised by or looked forward to an advertisers next emission?

I'll be posting some more up as I come across them in a flickr pool, here.

3 comments:

MayorMike said...

Here is the comment I left over at B2B-directory:

Hi dickhead,

Thanks for spamming my blog, I hope you don't mind that I return the favor.

Mt. Holly, Minnesota is Minnesota's smallest and newest city. Founded in 2003, by current Mayor, Mike Haeg, Mt. Holly is a vacationers dream. Come for the waterskiing lessons, stay for the proximity to a half dozen bars.

WOW GOLD said...

I found after left over at B2B-directory,

Mt. Holly has a big dreamer his ambition was creation of a newest city.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is wonderful, I like it very much, thank you!
By the way, do you like Burberry Polos, which are very chic, especially the Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts, I love them very much. I also like playing sports, it can keep healthy, what do you like to do?
We are the outlet of Wholesale Polo Shirt, Polo Ralph Lauren shirts on sale,these products are best-seller in our store cheap polo shirts Cheap Polo Shirts.our products also have a corresponding discount activitiesWholesale Polo Shirts -50% OFF,cheap polo shirts Cheap Polo ShirtsSo if you love these, you should not miss our store, we can meet what you want, and you can find many surprise in our store