Thursday, June 11, 2009

Neil Young and Devo - Video of the jam session that created Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)

Neil Young & Devo


Caught the Neil Young American Masters episode last night. While I've always been a big fan of Neil Young as an amazing artist who pulls and pushes himself to innovate, whether it be in his life or music, embracing the latest technology or digging deep in his roots, I was blown away by the 3 minute segment on the early 80's chapter of old Neil's output.

Being a late-night denizen of the early days of cable including Night Flight (RIP) I was completely aware of Neil's movie, Human Highway, in which Devo play a nuclear waste disposal team, but to hear that he actually wrote Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black) in a jam session with Devo seemed a bit much to take until they showed a clip of this video. Here it is in it's entirety. Hail Ne-vo!

No comments: