Saturday, January 03, 2009

Popeye Moves into Public Domain in Europe



My pal Zak over at Lamano HQ, dropped a bomb on me on New Year's Eve.

As it is over 70 years since the death of Elzie Segar, Popeye has become public domain in Europe meaning he becomes as openly usable as the letter 'E'. . . in Europe. I'm excited for the possibility of a British led Popeye punk movement where skinheads get jaw implants and eye extractions. And, I know for sure the Kinder Eggs are going to chock full of Thimble Theater toys this year.

I've been a big fan on Popeye in all forms since I was a tike. I will even go on the record as saying Robin William's only redeeming quality is his roll in the live action version of Popeye (Second octopus post of the day) (which is huge considering my deep-seated hatred of all things RW). I even love when Popeye get's disrespected by whippersnappers. As a matter of fact, I have to leave this post right now as my daughter is upstairs toot-tooting, which means Popeye is on Boomerang right now.

1 comment:

WOW GOLD said...

Thank you for your presentation


I will accept it.